Wednesday 10 August 2011

Beverly Akerman Interviewed by CBC HomeRun's Jeanette Kelly


The Meaning Of Children now available on Kindle!

 

Today was the day...CBC Montreal's HomeRun reigning summer queen, Jeanette Kelly, interviewed me for the program. We talked about motherhood, meaning, and The Giller Prize Reader's Choice Contest. (Feel free to suggest The Meaning Of Children be part of the longlist!!)

Jeannette asked for tips for would be writers--I told her writers should be relentless in pursuing their art and their success, and that they should continuouslyask themselves WWAAD--"What would an American do?"

I talked up the Quebec Writers' Federation and Ilona Martonfi.

I read from "Pie."

All in all, a vibrant, action-packed segment.

See if you agree:




And then, my car sorta died...but at least it happened on the way home from the interview and not on the Ville Marie Expressway, eh? ;)

Find HomeRun on Facebook or at their website here.


No comments:

Post a Comment